Autonomous vehicles are part of (y)our future. In line with the trend within the automotive industry and Formula Student, Formula Student Netherlands is looking to implement an autonomous vehicle/driverless class in the near future. We are looking for someone to create a road map and manage the class.
Formula Student Netherlands is the latest event to join the world venues. Created in 2016, with a first event in 2017, the event is rapidly growing. It’s venue is the world-renowed TT Circuit in Assen, which hosts MotoGP, DTM, World Superbikes and many other quality events.
What you will be doing
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Create a road map and timeline for the Autonomous Vehicle class
- Align rules and regulations within a World/European context
- Work closely with lead scrutineers to create inspection sheets and key focus areas
- Work closely with lead static judges to create score sheets
- Work closely with lead dynamics to plan for dynamic events
- Report on all necessary facilities and equipment
What we ask from you
- Instrinsic motivation to manage the Autonomous Vehicle Class at FSN202X
- Extensive knowledge on wireless communication, RES, EBS and other mayor autonomous vehicle systems
- Availability of a few hours per week throughout the year. Full availability during the week before and during the event.
- Strong communicaton skills
- Preferably experience in Formula Student as a participant or volunteer
This is a position on a voluntary base, like all FSN staff. Certain (travel) costs will be reimbursed. This is a ‘Core Team’ position, which is the highest tier of management at FSN.