• Introduce your team briefly. Racetech Racing Team was founded in 2005. This year we built our 14th car and ninth electric vehicle. After an era of rear-wheel-drive cars, the RT14’s key design changes are the switch to the all-wheel drive and an increased focus on aerodynamics. This resulted in big changes throughout the car’s layout and components, which we are proud to show off at this year’s events. The RT14 will take on the competition in the Netherlands, Austria and Germany.
• Tell us about your team’s history with Formula Student. Our first participation in an FS competition was in 2007 in the combustion class with the RT01. Since then, we built a new race car every year and decided to switch to the electric class with our sixth prototype.
• What does joining Formula Student Netherlands mean to you? The last time we participated in Formula Student Netherlands was with our RT11 in 2017. This was quite successful with among other positions 2nd Overall Electric. So, we have pleasant memories of FSN which we like to think of during long nights in the workshop. We are looking forward to taking part in FSN 2021 and collect new amazing experiences.
• What are your main goals for this year? The major concept change for the RT14 is the switch to an all-wheel-drive configuration. Next to that, reliability was set as the key development target. We also worked intensively to improve our performance with the further development of our aerodynamic devices as well as suspension kinematics and vehicle dynamics controls.
• What made you think of/choose FSN?
We wanted to come back to an exciting competition we haven’t been to in a few years.
• What makes you different from the other teams?
High focus on metals and additive design
• What is your biggest achievement in Formula Student so far?
Third place in Formula Student Germany in 2019.
• Describe your car in three words.
• How did COVID-19 affect your team and how did you deal with it?
We had to go into the home office like most of the FS teams in March 2020 and in the next two months decided to develop our components further while manufacturing other parts due to cancelled competitions, partly closed workshops and partly difficult external manufacturing. We looked for ways to keep the team together and also competed successfully in FS Online.
Email: email@example.com Facebook: @Racetech.Racingteam
LinkedIn: Racetech Racing Team Youtube: Racetech Racing Team