- Introduce your team briefly.
This year LiU Formula Student is proud to present you ER21, which is the first electric car in the team’s history. The team consists of around 60 students from all parts of the university and from a variety of nationalities.
- Tell us about your team’s history with Formula Student
LiU Formula Student was founded in 2011 by a small group of mechanical engineering students and has since then grown into a team with over 60 passionate students from all parts of the university. We have competed at competitions like FSN, FSG and FSUK throughout the history of the team.
- What does joining Formula Student Netherlands mean to you?
To get the opportunity to compete at Assen in a time like this is very inspiring and helpful for the motivation of the team and all the members. On top of that we see FSN as a high ranked competition where we will get to compete against the top teams in the world.
- What are your main goals for this year?
Going electric is a big step and there are a lot of challenges and obstacles to overcome. Our goal is to keep the design simple to make sure to get a reliable car. With this we are aiming to get through and perform well in all of the dynamic events.
- What made you think of/choose FSN?
After a great experience at the FSN competition 2019 with our ER19 car, we were very excited to come back to FSN and compete.
- What makes you different from the other teams?
We have a wide range of members from all parts of the university, all with a shared interest in improving our organisation. Everyone contributes in different ways, and we have a culture of helping each other out to get the job done.
- What is your biggest achievement in Formula Student so far?
Our biggest achievement so far was scoring 11th at FSN2019 CV.
- Describe your car in three words.
Aspirational, vivid, chunky
- How did COVID-19 affect your team and how did you deal with it?
We have worked in a mix of in-person and in distance mode. Due to the restrictions, the sub-teams have worked separately. This makes communication harder but the members have really exceeded the expectations and have coped with this in a really good way.You can follow LiU Formula Student on their social media platforms for more updates and information:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/liuformulastudent/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LiUFormulaStudent/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/liuformulastudent/
- Website: https://www.liuformulastudent.se/